A special video message for May from Dr. Sid
Dr. Kumara Sidhartha, MD, MPH, medical director of the CCHC Employee Health Plan, shares a message about managing daily stressors for May’s LiveWell theme of Mental Health: Growth Mindset. What do willpower and household budgets have in common? “In each of them,” says Dr. Sid, “we can hit the limit if we keep taking from them endlessly.” But by learning and applying resiliency tools and coping skills during stressful moments, we can free up the willpower budget for building consistent positive behaviors and habits for our short-term and long-term goals.
May’s LiveWell Theme is “Mental Health: Growth Mindset.” This month’s challenges include:
- The Peak Mind Challenge (May 16-June 10)
Based on the work of neuroscientist and author Amishi Jha, PhD, whose groundbreaking research shows that attention can be trained to improve brain power, mood and performance — in as little as 12 minutes a day.
- The actual challenge: Every weekday from Monday (May 16) through Friday (June 10), Tufts Health Plan will release one 12-minute meditation video to the Living Well YouTube channel, along with tips and encouragement from Amishi herself.
- Log into the LiveWell portal every week during the challenge to learn more and claim your points for participating.
- 21-Day Activity Challenge – Track 5,000 Daily Steps (May 2-22)
- 21-Day Challenge – Got Cravings? Journal Your Stress (May 2-22)
- Be Kind to Yourself
- Refer a Friend
Help us spread the word about the LiveWell Program! This can be as simple as telling a coworker via word of mouth or assisting them in creating their account and showing them how the program works.
- We’ll reward you with 50 points for each referral you make. Enter the name of the person you referred in the “Refer a Friend” activity on the portal to receive the credit. We appreciate your support!
- Talk and Walk with a Doc
Join our new outdoor wellness series and earn 100 points! The event begins at 9 a.m. on Saturday, May 21, at Salt Pond Visitor Center in Eastham. Learn more at www.capecodhealth.org/healthyparks
To sign up for the LiveWell program, visit https://tuftshealthplan.com/member/employer-individual-or-family-plans/wellness/living-well/living-well-health-portal
For access to mental, emotional and behavioral health resources 24/7, visit Healthy Minds Hub at https://www.cchcpulse.com/#HealthyMinds