A special video message for June from Dr. Sid
An act as simple as breathing fully while watching this video is a step toward wellness, explains Dr. Kumara Sidhartha, MD, MPH, medical director of the CCHC Employee Health Plan. Broadening the view of what is a wellness activity speaks to June’s LiveWell theme of “EXPAND.”
We invite you to take a moment during your workday to pause, stretch a little, adjust your posture and watch this two-minute wellness video from Dr. Sid. “Wellness can be had at any place,” says Dr. Sid, “whether it’s the place we work, pray, play or live.”
June Theme: EXPAND
Welcome to June! Our theme this month is EXPAND. There is lots of expansion that happens naturally this time of year. We all expand our activities outside to enjoy longer sunlight hours, fresh air and outdoor spaces. This month, we challenge you to expand your definition of wellness.
Sure, physical activity and healthy eating are important. But wellness is also about feeding your mind, boosting your spirit, making time to recharge and connecting with others—all natural summertime activities. Expand your definition of wellness and choose your own summertime adventures!
- Step away from the to-do list and designate “end of work” times to make space for some healthy downtime.
- Take a day to play and go on a daytime adventure! A day trip can feel like a mini-vacation and might be just the break you need.
- Be sun smart! There are lots of outdoor activities happening as we kick off the summer season—protect your skin to keep it healthy.
- Celebrate PRIDE this month! Demonstrating support for others is good for everyone involved. And coming together with others to stand for a common purpose is a great way to expand your horizons.
- Step into summer this month by tracking 7,500 daily steps!
- Train your brain to be more focused and less distracted, with our Peak Mind Challenge. You can start anytime! See “Train Your Brain” to learn more about the challenge.
To sign up for the LiveWell program, visit https://tuftshealthplan.com/member/employer-individual-or-family-plans/wellness/living-well/living-well-health-portal
For access to mental, emotional and behavioral health resources 24/7, visit Healthy Minds Hub at https://www.cchcpulse.com/#HealthyMinds