A special video message for August from Dr. Sid
If you’re heading outdoors to bask in the sun or jump in the ocean, let’s not forget to bathe our inner terrain with the good stuff, explains Dr. Kumara Sidhartha, MD, MPH, medical director of the CCHC Employee Health Plan. Take advantage of summer’s bounty by grilling fresh fruits and vegetables, and incorporate leafy greens and legumes into your weekly menu.
In this two-minute wellness video, Dr. Sid weaves in August’s LiveWell theme of BASK by encouraging us to “clean out the gunk.” “Rev up the engines inside to make sure that our outer body can enjoy a variety of experiences on beautiful Cape Cod,” says Dr. Sid.
August Theme: BASK
The activities in your Living Well health portal this month will help you feed your own well-being in a few different ways:
- Use mindful listening to maximize the experience (and health benefits) of natural environments.
- Tap into your inner turtle for less stress and better efficiency. How slow can you go?
- Enjoy fresh, healthy veggies on the grill.
- Reinforce a habit of moving often, to support health during the transition from summer back into busy fall schedules.
- Capture photos of favorite summertime moments to extend that relaxed vibe.
We invite you to take up this month’s challenges:
- 21-day Garden-to-Grill Challenge
- Almost any vegetable can be grilled with minimal effort, and grilling brings out toasty, caramelized flavors. Even veggies you don’t like can suddenly taste fabulous once grilled. Plus, it’s an easy way to add vegetables to almost any meal. Fresh produce is readily available this time of year — try adding grilled veggies to your meals twice a week.
- 21-day Individual Activity Challenge – track 7,500 steps daily
To sign up for the LiveWell program, visit https://tuftshealthplan.com/member/employer-individual-or-family-plans/wellness/living-well/living-well-health-portal
For access to mental, emotional and behavioral health resources 24/7, visit Healthy Minds Hub at https://www.cchcpulse.com/#HealthyMinds