By Mike Lauf, president and CEO of Cape Cod Healthcare
Covid-19 Vaccine: Protect our staff and patients, uphold federal standards
Thank you for continued cooperation to meet our November deadline
Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination
On behalf of our entire healthcare system, I want to express my sincere gratitude to you for the care you have provided during these unprecedented times. Your efforts and dedication to your profession while providing the best possible care for our community have been nothing short of outstanding.
On Sept. 9, President Biden announced mandatory COVID-19 vaccinations for all healthcare workers who work in hospitals and facilities that receive Medicare and Medicaid funding. Due to this federal mandate, all staff, physicians, employees, interns, students, volunteers and contingent workers at Cape Cod Healthcare who work in any of our facilities are required to be fully vaccinated by January 4, 2022.
We are taking this step not only to meet the mandate set by the federal government but also to protect the health and safety of our staff and our community. The vaccine has proven to be safe and effective in preventing and lessening the effects of COVID-19 and its variants. As healthcare workers, getting vaccinated is not only the responsible thing to do, it is also one of the best ways for us to help defeat this virus.
By January 4, 2022, you must either:
- Be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 (either 2 doses of Pfizer or Moderna, or 1 dose of the Johnson & Johnson Janssen vaccine)
- If you received the vaccine at CCHC and have the COVID vaccine sticker on your badge, you do not need to take any action.
- If you need to schedule an appointment to receive the vaccine, please contact Occupational Health Services (OHS) at 774-552-6100 or e-mail email@example.com.
- If you received the vaccine elsewhere, you must submit approved vaccination documentation to OHS by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, or deliver in-person
- Provide a valid Medical or Religious Declination Form, provide supporting documentation and return to OHS by emailing email@example.com, or deliver in-person or via interoffice mail.
- Please refer to the COVID-19 Immunization Program Policy in PolicyStat.
Again, it is an honor to know you and work with you to help our community by caring for our patients and each other, and I sincerely thank you for your careful consideration of this mandate.